Thursday 6 May 2010

Interesting times

Our little boat would seem to be sinking. But don't panic, I see a big ship zooming to the rescue. Yes, here it comes... the SS Titanic. We're SAVED!

Life seems very uncertain in the usually predictable UK these days. We have no money and don't know how we can get some. We have an election and nobody, NOBODY, can predict the outcome. All around us, countries are going into economic meltdown and we don't have room for complacency.

As a citizen, I hate it. I don't know if I am coming or going, I don't know if I can pay my bills. I've pulled in my belt so tight I can't breathe, and I still don't know if income will cover necessary expenditure.

As a writer, I LOVE it. If I can't find something to write amongst all this chaos, if I can't set an interesting story against this backdrop, then I might as well give up and go watch TV right now. There are articles, diary columns, romance stories, plays, maybe even a thriller in this.

Things are what you make of them. I firmly believe that. And things are bad around here, right now. I know first hand how much we are struggling. But if we pick ourselves up, dust ourselves off and get back in there, I think we can not only survive but actually get the bad times on the run.

I'm going to go for it. Are you?

No comments:

Post a Comment